Helambu Classical Trekking
- Trip Duration 11 Days
- Trip Grade Moderate
- Destination Nepal
- Max. Altitude 3510m (Tharepati)
- Best Season September to December & March to May
Helambu Classical Trekking | Book Now Helambu Classical Trek Cost
We specialists in organizing Helambu Classical Trekking holidays. Spectacular views are waiting for you in Helambu Classical Trekking! Helambu Classical Trekking is world famous walking holidays. Helambu Classical Trekking is most popular trekking trail of Langtang region. Helambu Classical Trekking is the ideal destination for tourism in Nepal. Helambu Classical Trekking is one of our popular adventure holidays. We offer special rates with best service on your Helambu Classical Trekking.
Situated about 75km North of Kathmandu, Helambu is an area inhabited by Sherpas. The route is usually snow-covered and dangerous, difficult or even impossible in winter season. This popular loop trek starts from the edge of the Kathmandu valley at Sundarijal, climbs over the Shivapuri ridge and drops Talamarang. It then climbs to Tarke Ghyang and back down the ridge through Sermanthang to the road. It is easy to organize this trek because of easy transportation from Kathmandu to Helambu and Helambu to Kathmandu.
The friendly and hospital Sherpa people of the Helambu region are just like their better known kinfolk of the Solu Khumbu region. However, the language, culture and dress of the Sherpas from Helambu are very different from Sherpas of Solu Khumbu. The Sherpa women of Helambu are renowned for their beauty.
Helambu is a good trekking destination throughout the normal October to May.However, it tends to be very hot in the Indrawati valley in late spring. The Helambu circuit trek remains at reasonably low elevation, there is little chance of altitude problems, but there would be possibility of cold and snow at Tharepati during the winter. Good lodges are abundant and uncrowded in this circuit.
Expand AllCollapse All
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA). Upon arrival at the airport, you would be received by our representative and then transfer to hotel.
Kathmandu to Chisopani (2300m.) We drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal (1350m.). The rough road from Kathmandu turns into a trail near a small hydroelectric plant. The trail will take us through the Shivpuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve and then we will come across a Tamang settlement called Mulkharka. The route heads down the ridge through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisopani (2300m.)
Today we trek from Chisopani to Kutumsang (2446m.). The trail continues to drop from Chisopani and crosses meadow and fields. We would descend through Pathi Bhanjyang to Gul Bhanjyang. The trail climbs a ridge from Gul Bhanjyang to another pass at 2620m. The meadow at Kutumsang at 2470m makes a good camping spot.
Having breakfast at Kutumsang, we trek to Tharepati (3510m.). The trek continues due north to Yurin Danda ridge. The trail climbs above Kutumsang on a steep, eroded trail mostly through fir and rhododendron forest and descends to Tharepati.
Today we trek from Tharepati to Tarke Ghyang (2740m). Tharke Ghyang is the largest village in Helambu rigion. The stone houses are close together with narrow alleyways separating them. Inside, the homes are large, clean and often elaborately furnished with elegant brassware and traditional Tibetan carpets on highly [polished wooden floors. Tarke Gyangâ€™s gompa has a huge brass prayer wheel.
We take rest at Tarke Ghyang for excursion. It is a good place to take rest. We would also make a half day climb to the peak (3771m) directly north of village. From the chorten on the summit there see superb views of the mountains to the north.
Trek from Tarke Ghyang to Shermathang (2621m.) Trekking today is comparatively easier than the previous days as the trail goes through flat land with beautiful forests. On the way, we would penetrate the village called Shermathang where we would visit some ancient monasteries.
Today we trek from Shermathang to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (846m.) The trail gradually descends all the way to Melamchi Pul Bazaar through meadows ad cultivated fields. On the way, we come across several villages. En route, we would interact with the local people and know their culture and way of life.
From Melamchi Pul Bazaar, we drive to Kathmandu. The road is graveled and bumpy till Lamidanda and then we will come to pitched road up to Kathmandu.
It is our last day in Nepal. After breakfast in the hotel, we would go for sightseeing around the valley. In the evening, a farewell dinner would be served, a typical Nepali restaurant.
- Airports pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- 3 night’s deluxe accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival day and after the trekking).
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- Kathmandu sightseeing entrance fees
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi and Syabru Bensi to Kathmandu by drive.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel
- Insurance company.
- Langtang National Park permits
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- First aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole if necessary.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show
- All our government taxes, vat, official expenses & service charges
What's not Included
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Tipping (expected by guides and porters, but not mandatory)