15 Days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Itinerary and Best Price
15 Days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is one of the most incredible treks around the world’s eighth-highest peak Manaslu. The trek takes you on a heavenly journey through Larkya La Pass, traditional Gurung villages, and monasteries. You will be visiting Tsum Valley which is popular for being the landmark of the ancient Tsumba group. The eye-wooing view of Manaslu intensified by the serene sight of the Birendra Lake makes the Manaslu Circuit Tsum Valley Trek a journey of a lifetime.
Starting the trek with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Soti Khola, you will be traveling over the delightful trails often through snow and ice. The challenging rugged trails make the trip even more adventurous. While coming across prayer flags, mani walls, chortens, and traditional villages, your connection to the blended Tibetan and Nepalese culture ignite a new kind of energy which is indeed the highlight of the best Manaslu Circuit Tsum Valley Trek.
Where is the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek located?
The Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is located in the Manaslu region of Nepal, in the northern part of the country. This trek takes you through the Tsum Valley, a remote and culturally rich area, as well as around the Manaslu Massif, which is the eighth highest mountain in the world.
Best time to trek to 15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
The best time to trek the 15-day Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is during the autumn season, which spans from late September to November. This period offers ideal trekking conditions with stable weather, clear skies, and comfortable temperatures. While spring (March to May) is also a good time for the trek, autumn remains the preferred choice for most trekkers due to its favorable weather and stunning scenery.
15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek in autumn season (Sept – Nov)
Trekking the 15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek during the autumn season is an attractive adventure. The region comes alive with vibrant colors as lush forests and terraced fields create a stunning backdrop against the backdrop of towering Himalayan peaks. The weather is at its most favorable, with clear skies, mild daytime temperatures, and cool evenings. This season offers optimal visibility for capturing breathtaking mountain vistas, including the mighty Manaslu and other neighboring peaks. The trekking trails are usually dry and more stable, ensuring a safer and more comfortable journey. Moreover, trekking in the Manaslu Tsum Valley during the autumn season is a rewarding and memorable experience for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike.
15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek in winter season (Dec- Feb)
15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek during the winter season presents a unique and more challenging experience. While this time of year is less popular due to the colder and less predictable weather, it offers its own set of rewards. The landscape is transformed by a pristine layer of snow, creating a serene and magical atmosphere. The crowds are significantly smaller, allowing for a more peaceful and solitary trek. However, the winter season comes with colder temperatures, and higher-altitude areas can be especially frigid. Snowfall can sometimes block high mountain passes, making some sections of the trail more difficult to navigate. Adequate preparation with warm clothing and gear is essential, and trekkers should be ready for the possibility of unexpected weather changes.
15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek in spring season (March- May)
Trekking the 15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley during the spring season is a magnificent journey filled with the splendor of nature's rebirth. The landscape comes alive with vibrant rhododendron blooms, lush forests, and terraced fields adorned with colorful flowers. This season offers pleasant weather with mild daytime temperatures, making it an ideal time to explore the picturesque valleys and stunning mountain vistas. The trails are relatively dry and more stable, allowing for easier and safer trekking. Spring is also a great time for birdwatching as various migratory bird species return to the region. Overall, trekking in the Manaslu Tsum Valley during spring is a sensory delight, blending natural beauty, cultural encounters, and favorable weather, making it a popular choice among trekkers.
15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek in monsoon season (Jun - Aug)
Trekking the 15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley during the monsoon season is a challenging attempt due to the region's heavy rainfall. While the lush landscapes are at their greenest and most vibrant during this time, and the local flora is in full bloom, the weather presents significant obstacles. The incessant rains can lead to muddy and slippery trails, making trekking more arduous and potentially hazardous, with the risk of landslides in some areas. Additionally, cloudy skies often obscure the majestic mountain views that the region is known for, so this may not be the best time for those seeking panoramic vistas. However, if you are prepared for the wet conditions and willing to embrace the lush scenery and the chance to experience the local culture without the crowds, trekking in the monsoon season can still be an adventure for the fearless traveler.
Permits for 15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
- To undertake the 15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek, you will need to obtain several permits and permissions. The permits required for this trek typically include:
- Manaslu Restricted Area Permit
- Tsum Valley Restricted Area Permit
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP)
Important Notes for 15 days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
- While booking, we need the photocopy of your passport and you have to pay us a minimum of 10% payment of the total cost as advance.
- Beverages, snacks, charging electronic devices, hot showers, Wi-Fi are not included in our packages, so you have to pay additional cash.
- It is preferable to pack your bag lightly because porters will only carry your 15-20kg luggage.
- You should have comprehensive travel insurance that covers trekking activities including medical expenses and emergency evacuation.
- Carry a reusable water bottle and use water purification tablets like iodine, aquatabs tablets.
- Pack your clothes according to the seasonal basis.
- Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is a moderate to challenging trek which requires a certain level of physical fitness so, it is recommended to prepare with cardiovascular exercises, strength training, and hiking.
- You should carry enough cash in Nepalese rupees as ATMs may not be available in remote areas.
- We suggest you not to book your international flights early as there may be sudden change in weather which will make your flights delay or even cancel.